Conditions of Hire
1. When bookings are made, the amount stated as deposits for each craft must be remitted; the balance of hire charge becomes due 28 days before the start of your holiday or cash may be paid on your arrival with consent of the owners. If a booking is made within 28 days of the start date you will normally have to pay the full hire charge when the booking is made. If you wish to change your booking once it has been confirmed by us a charge of £8.00 will be made for office expenses.(As the hire charges include 20% VAT they are subject to change should the VAT rate change).We reserve the right to pass on any costs incurred in conversion of foreign currencies (such as charges for processing Eurocheques), and any costs arising from representing UK cheques and processing late payments.
2. If you have to cancel your holiday, you must notify us immediately in writing. If we are successful in re-letting, the deposit only will be lost, if we are not able to re-let you will be held responsible for the full hire charge. If you cancel within 28 days of your holiday please telephone before writing. We recommend that you take a personal holiday insurance cover for your holiday.
3. Bookings from clients under 18 years of age cannot be accepted unless they have written consent from a parent or guardian. This only applies to person making the booking not the whole party.
4. A free trial run will be given to every hirer of craft before the start of their cruise, after which the hirer is responsible for any damage or lost to craft or equipment. Subject to the conditions of the insurance policy in force on the craft. With yachts a charge may be made for any extra instruction you need.
5. It should be noted that the boat operator and agent can accept no responsibility for loss of time or expense occasioned through any defect,breakage or breakdown occurring during the cruise. In the unlikely event of such occurrence,the hirer should get in touch with us at once when immediate steps to repair the problem, no matter where the craft is moored. The craft are thoroughly inspected and every precaution is taken to prevent trouble of this nature.
6. The boat operator and agent shall not be responsible for any loss of time due to any unforeseen circumstances e.g. flooding, navigational works, shortage or non availability of fuel, industrial action or any other cause, and we reserve the right to restrict cruising if unusual or hazardous conditions prevail.
7. Clients take possession of the boat at 3pm on week bookings, 2pm on short breaks (subject to unavoidable delays), should servicing be completed beforehand we are glad for client to take over the boat earlier. Any party arriving after 5pm will be checked in and shown out the following morning. The boat must be returned not later than 9 am to our boatyard, and must be left in a clean and tidy state, failing this return procedure an extra charge will be made at our discretion.
8. A non refundable damage waiver, £35 is charged and must be paid 28 days before take over. This gives you full cover in the event of damage to the craft and equipment. You may still be responsible for loss or damage to the crafts equipment caused by negligence or wilfull damage, or if the conditions of hire are not abided by.
9. A fuel deposit is charge in advance prior to your holiday. On return the tank will be replenished at the pump, if below the deposit value the difference will be refunded If more fuel is used the customer will be liable for the difference.
10. In case of an accident, it is the duty of the hirer to: 1 Ascertain the name of any other craft involved, together with the name of the owner and hirer. 2 To report the facts and the extent of damage to us, as soon as possible. The boat operator and agent cannot hold themselves responsible for loss or damage to personal effects, these should be covered under a personal baggage policy.
11. No craft may be taken to sea i.e. below the Haven Bridge at Great Yarmouth, or through the lock at Lowestoft, or compete in races without written permission from us. Craft are not supplied with navigation lights and, therefore hirers are not permitted to cruise after dark. Your speed must not be such as to inconvenience or endanger other users of the waterways. No portable heaters of any type, lighting equipment, TV sets or electric appliances other than an electric razor may be taken aboard the boat without our permission.
12. You are asked to notify any shortcomings on your boat to us immediately so that they can be remedied for you. No claims can be considered for shortcomings not so notified.
13. No craft may be occupied by more persons than stated, without prior permission from us beforehand. Additional persons can be accommodated on some boat at an extra charge per person. There is no extra charge for children under 5 yrs.
14. You are welcome to bring your cat or dog* with you, a charge of £35 per week is made for this. Please bring a basket as pets are not allowed on the bedding or chairs. If after making your booking you decide to bring a pet with you, then please contact us for permission.
* except fighting dog breeds, including Pit Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Neapolitan Mastiffs, Japanese Akita, Japanese Tosas, Wolfhound hybreds or any crossbred dogs from these breeds.
15. The boat company and agent will not be responsible for any death or injury save insofar as it results from our proven negligence. You are recommended to take out personal holiday insurance.
16. Your vehicle and contents are left at own risk. The boat operator and agent will not be responsible for loss or damage from any cause except proven through our negligence. You are recommened to put your car either undercover at £21.00 per week or outside at £16.00 per week.
17. Layout plans of boats in the brochure are for your guidance.They are not to scale and alterations to accommodation during building or refitting may occur. Some boats within a class may have minor differences.
18. Half deckers and launches only must not go below Stacey Arms.
19. The 3 larger yachts Lapwing, America and Palace must have a minimum crew of four persons of which two have to be experienced.
20. Awnings are provided and should be fitted at night to utilise the space on the craft and for your comfort.
21. Correct non slip footwear to be used while on any of Martham Boats.
When you book your holiday with us we require your name, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, emergency contact number, name of next of kin, and car registration.
When you complete the contact form we require your name and email address.
When you complete the newsletter signup we require your first name and email address.
We gather this information to allow us to deal with your booking effectively and to process any payments or enquiries as well as communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of services and in general.
Personal data, or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data: Includes first name, maiden name, last name or similar identifier, and date of birth.
- Contact Data: Include postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Profile Data: Includes orders made by you, preferences and feedback.
- Technical Data: Includes GA Client ID, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website.
We also collect and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
How We Use Your Data
We will never pass your details onto a irrelevant third party. The data you provide Martham Boats Ltd will only be used to process your booking and/or to provide you with information and special offers around our products.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Martham Boats Ltd will retain all personal data for as long as the individual is a customer of the company plus 6 years. This is subject to any overriding legal or regulatory requirements.
Any customer of Martham Boats Ltd have the right to be forgotten. If you would like your personal data to be removed from our system, you can do so by making a written request to our data officer at:
|Post||:Cess Road, Martham, Great Yarmouth NR29 4RF|
||:+44 (0)1493 740 249|
Your Rights To Access Personal Information
In accordance with GDPR, an individual has the right on request, to receive a copy of the personal information held by Martham Boats Ltd and to request that any inaccurate data be corrected or removed.
As a customer of Martham Boats Ltd, your personal rights are:
- To be told by the Company what information they hold and for what purpose your personal data is being processed.
- To be given a description of the data held and the recipients to whom it may be disclosed.
- To have communicated in an intelligible form the personal data concerned, and any information available as to the source of the data.
Upon written request to the company’s Data Protection Officer, we will provide a statement regarding the personal data held about you.
Personal Data Breach’s and Complaints
If you feel your personal data has been misused or you feel that we have not kept your personal details secure, you should contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance to log a complaint.
If you are unhappy with our response or you need any further advice, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on the details below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused your personal data.